Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Musings

It's Friday again!

These weeks seem so slow, but at the same time, they're flying by! I can't believe that school is going to be over this month! Then there's summer school for me throughout June, but I won't complain about an extra month's worth of pay.

I got my schedule for next year. I'm going to be teaching two classes of Junior English again, which makes me happy. I love the curriculum--it's American literature. I get to teach Edgar Allan Poe and Emily Dickinson and the Harlem Renaissance; plus my unit on performance poetry and Poetry Slam fits best in this curriculum. I will also have two classes of READ 180, which is a reading interventions class for sophomore students reading below grade level. I'm finishing my reading endorsement this summer, which makes me one of two English teachers in my school who are "highly qualified" to teach this class. The reading endorsement will have taken a little over two years once I finish my last class. Because I'm teaching low-level students and agreed to take over the Literary Magazine, I've also been given two sections of creative writing! I am soooo excited for next year!

We're watching Day-Z while Jeff and Ashley are in California this week. She arrived last night and is getting along famously. It's funny how she's the oldest dog, yet she's the smallest and most energetic. Trillian and Thursday are zonked out on the floor and Day-Z is still running circles and smelling things. Trillian's jealous/selfish side is really coming out now that yet another dog is around. When it's just her and Thursday, if you try to pet Thursday, Trillian pushes her away and puts herself under your hand, so you pretty much have to pet both of them at the same time. If we pet Thursday and Day-Z at the same time, she tries to knock both of them out of the way.

If you have pets, invest in a FURminator. They're expensive, but cheapest on Amazon.com. It's an amazing shedding tool. We've used in on both dogs and our cat, and today I gave Day-Z a good rubdown. I could probably give about 20 Barbie dolls a good head of hair or create a sandwich-bag-pillow with the undercoat I got off of her before she got bored and went to go play.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Post a video of the Furminator in action!