Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Game 1 Lost, but I Love WiiFit!

So yes, my Spurs just lost...but it's ok. It was a close game. Meanwhile, I've been playing WiiFit! Al picked it up today. We had reserved a copy a while back. The game itself is very cool. It uses a wireless balance board that registers how your body is moving. It keeps track of records, goals, daily activities and body changes. And it's fun!
There are several different things you can do with the game: Aerobic, Yoga, Strength Training, and Balance. As you get better, add time, and repeat activities, higher levels and new activities are unlocked. So far, my favorite is the aerobic section. This section uses your Mii and incorporates other Miis on your system in the "scenery."
I started off with the hula hoop. You have to mimic a hula-hoop motion while on the balance board. There are two other Miis in front of you that throw hula hoops at you so you have to stop for a second and lean over to catch them. I loved that Al and Madi were the ones throwing hula hoops at me.

I loved the running in place. You don't use the balance board for this, but you put the WiiMote in your pocket and it works like a pedometer while you run in place. Meanwhile, your Mii is running through a nice little park and across bridges. Grandma and Grandpa Barnard passed me and I saw my dad out there a couple of times, too. So far, this is my favorite.

Then there was the step aerobics which really made me laugh. First of all, you're on a big stage in front of an audience. I mean, I realize that Japanese people have their eccentricities that we Westerners find weird, but come on! Would people REALLY go watch a bunch of people on the stage doing step aerobics. I guess it's kind of like a dance because you have to step on and off in rhythm. But the best part is that EVERYONE was on stage with me. All of the family's Miis, along with Walter from The Big Lebowski and Weird Al. There's nothing quite like step aerobics with your family...

So if you don't have it, get it! It's fun and good for you! Also, I've heard of a few games that will utilize the balance board and there will likely to be more to come. One skiing game will use the balance board as skis and two WiiMotes for poles. EA is rumored to be trying to come up with a work out game to rival WiiFit, but with a bigger emphasis on the "sweaty" workout.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ang,
That's sooo coool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had one. Mabye I can convince daddy to buy one. Wanna read Fablehaven this weekend? I'm all free. School's out know. Just 1 week left till I can cream you in hula-hooping. KP

Ashley said...

This looks like so much fun! I want to try it when we come out there! I love the pics of all the family passing by on there, funny! Ang, did you watch the Grey finale last night? What an emmotional rollercoaster! It was intense.