Saturday, May 24, 2008

The "Numa Numa Guy," Star Wars, and Weird Al

I've had a couple of people ask about the strange assortment of songs on my playlist. I can't even begin to describe how happy the song Dragostea Din Tei makes me. I, along with a few million other people, was introduced to the song by this kid, who posted this video of himself lip-synching to it and became an internet phenomenon:

He kind of reminds me of Josh in the video. VH1 named him the number 1 Greatest Internet Star. He's interviewed in this clip and tells what he's up to now.

The video has inspired many, many other versions. Here's one dedicated to Kody and Kyle. After the Yoda dance, it's kind of boring (to me) with movie clips, but at about 3:45, Jango Fett does a tap dance with an umbrella, and then the VeggieTales sing for the credits...

And while we're on the Star-Wars streak, here's some Weird Al to round things out. The first video is his video of The Saga Begins. The second one is video from a live performance of Yoda. It's one of the highlights of his concerts (which, I, as a nerd and accompanied by Al, have been to). You'll see why starting at 3:55.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So, I have never seen this guy before and oh my goodness I have been missing out! That is hilarious. The boys LOVED the star wars stuff! Thanks Aunt Ang. I can't believe you guys have been to a Weird Al concert, that is too funny!! It looks like it would be thoroughly entertaining!

Ashley said...

P.S. I came across something kinda fun this afternoon. Check it out on my blog. By the way... it stars none other than Al. Enjoy!