Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Adventures in the Snow and Kitchen





For our final day off together, Al and I had more errands to run. It's still snowy here and my car (Mugsy) had its annual registration inspection. My tires barely passed, so we thought it would be a good idea to get new ones right away. It snowed pretty heavily all day, but we made it and now Mugsy has new shoes, too!


Then we shoveled snow for the second time that day. (I even helped this time!)




We went to Walmart and PetCo and Al got his hair cut (see the pictures below--doesn't he look great?) and then we set off on our culinary adventure. We both love Gnocchi, which are potato dumplings that are similar to pasta but softer. We've never made them ourselves before so we thought we'd give it a try. We had to peel and boil potatoes, rice them, make them into a dough with flour and egg, then roll, cut, and boil them. We made an alfredo sauce with cream, cream cheese, and romano cheese, and some italian spices. They turned out so yummy! It's a pretty simple, but time consuming and messy recipe. It definitely was an adventure!




3 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE gnocchi. No, I didn't make it silly. We ate it out. You guys are so perfect for one another. If I told Dave on his day off we should make gnocchi he would laugh and laugh... then we'd play the wii.

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Hope you had fun both being off together! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a TON of snow, btw. Crazy. You're tagged Ang! Check out my blog for the lowdown :P