Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adventures in Footwear

Al and I had a fun day today, which for me means NEW SHOES! Al went with me to Famous Footwear. We had a pretty awesome 20% off coupon and most of their shoes were 20-50% off anyhow, so we found a few terrific deals. We'll cover Al first. He shops with an eye for hideousness and here is what he found:
The brown and white ones aren't so bad. But the orange and beige and black and cream ones are a mystery to me. I guess the shoemakers just knew that there are consumers like Al out there.

I entered the store intending to find some professional brown heeled shoes to wear with some long brown pants that I love. I found other shoes. I'm very good at finding extremely cute, but impractical shoes. The best part is that they're wingtips! I figure that's professional. And I can still wear them with the long brown pants.


But the most amazing thing happened at the clearance rack. You always have to check the clearance rack at Famous Footwear. Today it was a gold mine because I found these:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's the real thing. Kangaroos with the zipper pocket in an adult size 9. I wore them proudly all day with my bright orange Gap hoodie.
And tomorrow I will blog about the rest of our first of two momentous days off together.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

zmqvkvCute shoes guys. It is amazing to me that my sister grew up to be such a shoes horse!!!! I LOVE those pink ones ang, so cute...

Ashley said...

Okay that weird language at the beginning of my comment was the stupid password they make you type in. Half the time I can hardly tell what the letters are...wrong spot!

Jill said...

Love, Love, Love the shoes, especially the pink ones. Way too cute!!!