Monday, March 10, 2008

Proof that I'm a Little Old Lady at Heart

I finished both of these cross stitch pieces a while back: the one on the right I finished in 2003 and the one on the left in 2006. I finally dished out the money to get them framed at the most amazing framing place ever. It's called Artist Touch and they feature hand-carved decoration in the mats. On top of that, as far as framing prices go, they are extremely reasonable. To illustrate, I once went to Joann's with a 70% off coupon. It was a smaller piece with two cardboard mats. Their primary price was over $400. At Artist Touch, I get suede and leather mats with UV glass and hand carving for much bigger pieces for an average of $250-$310.

So even though they're reasonable, it's still quite an investment. I saved my birthday money this year and Al agreed to use our Christmas money for this, since I've been wanting to get these framed for a couple of years.

Here are the results! It's hard to see some of them because I couldn't use a flash, but if you double click the images to get the full-size picture, you can see much better.

Needless to say, I'm in love. I just have to figure out where to hang them!








4 comments:

Jill said...

Ang,
They both turned out beautiful. You are so talented.

Ashley said...

Wow, Ang. I love them. They are beautiful. i love how they framed them. Make sure and hang them where everyone will see them and you can look at them all the time. Maybe the bathroom??? Just kidding. What a great accomplishment! Their beautiful!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

wow--these are gorgeous! Amazing you made them! Love the frames too, good for you for shopping around. :)