Friday, March 28, 2008

A Fabulous New Place for the Dogs to Sleep...

Here is the first part of our new bedroom set. When we found this set, part of it was a long, short chest of drawers with a mirror on it (is that what a bureau is?). Our room is small, so that wasn't going to work. We opted to go for two dressers instead.

As you can see, the queen-size bed takes up most of the room. It's also quite tall, once we'd put the memory foam topper on it.
We have nightstands on backorder and we'll be hanging the Indian cross stitches over the bed once we get the right kind of nails.
We're pretty excited about the bedroom set, even if it does take up the entire bedroom. I think my favorite part is the foam topper. It's super-comfy and WARM. With the old bed, I had to have an electric blanket on high and a down comforter to stay warm in our basement bedroom. But the memory foam absorbs and holds on to body heat, so if we have the electric blanket even on its lowest setting, we're sweating from the heat. If I had known what a difference it would make, I would have bought a memory foam topper for our old bed a long time ago!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a gorgeous set. I bet it was so exciting to get them! Sounds so comfy! Thanks for posting the pictures! I like the yellow bedding. It looks great with the cherry wood. I have lost about 15 pounds. You are so awesome to notice Ang. Thanks... Only 40 more to go and I will fit on your jeans!!! :)