Thursday, December 25, 2008

Baby Dragons!

So here are our little Christmas dragons! They started hatching on December 22. You can see some of their heads poking out of the shells in these pictures.

They come out and have quite the attitude. This one had been out for about an hour when I started trying to take some photos with my hand in them for scale. This is how he responded:

The pictures are blurry, but they sure do make me laugh! He started chasing my camera around. Luckily, Al was in the room and I made him grab our other camera to get it on film. (The cat was telling me he needed to be fed.)

These are the pictures I got. Again, blurry but funny!

By the way, the little guy sleeping next to him is fine. He's just sleeping on the under-tank heater and soaking in all the warmth.

Eventually, they mellow out and do some cute things. In the next picture, the branch he's perched on is about as big as my pinky finger:

The food plate in the next two pictures is about four inches in diameter:

These little guys are so stinking cute. If they stayed this size, I'd want to keep them! As it is, we're looking for homes for them. In a pet store, $60 per dragon is reasonable--sometimes they're on sale for $50-$55. We're asking $40 for one or $70 for a pair. If anyone out there knows of anyone who's interested, put us in touch! We want these guys to be well cared for, so we're more than willing to answer any questions, offer advice, whatever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thougth I'd ever say this, but --- Your dragons are soooooooooo cute!

Schatz said...

they are so stinkin' cute!!! I can't decide if I want to eat them or dress them up in little clothes made for little dragons.