Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get Fit!

I never thought I'd see the day, but Al has been using a trial membership at a gym and we're joining! I was a member of Gold's Gym until about five years ago. I really miss the classes, like yoga. I also am frustrated with the toll that teaching takes on my weight. When I'm in great shape (like I was at Gold's), I'm 135. When I left serving for teaching, my weight crept up and up. The summer of 2007, I was up to 150 and lost ten pounds. I managed to put on another 13 this past year and ended the year at 153.

When we got home from Minot, I started working out pretty intensly, using my elliptical trainer I have at home. I also joined Lady Fitness, because there is one right down the road from Northridge, so I can go right after work. If I go home, I just want to sit around, so having the gym close to work will help me keep this up. Also, mom joined Lady Fitness as well, so we can do classes together! We did yoga last night and she did great!

http://www.ladyfitnessusa.com/

The gym that Al and I joined just barely opened. It's right down the road from the house, so it will be handy for weekends and night classes. I'm starting my third week of regular workouts and am at 151. There's going to be a party when I hit 140 again!

http://www.familytotalhealthclub.com/

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Good job Ang! Mom told me you and her were working out together. She said it was so much fun! Keep up the good work! I always think you look great!

Jill said...

Can't wait to tell the kids you and Grandma joined Lady Fitness!! Kenz will want to join in, she walked 3 miles on the treadmill the other night. No reason other than she was so excited to try out her new Nike's!! Wish I lived there so I could join and work out with y'all. Sounds like so much fun!! Good luck to Al as well!!