Monday, February 2, 2009

Special Olympics

I really do have a lot to blog about. So many things have happened...a new neice, a new president, new hatchlings! But I've also been dealing with a new semester and a hectic schedule. I'm finishing my reading endorsement with a writing course at night, I've taken up a 6-week belly dancing class, and I'm still trying to make it to the gym every now and then. When I finally am at home, I just want to crash...you know? So I'm sorry about being lazy with the blogging. I will play catch-up this weekend while I watch tv online, but for now, here is the latest fun time...Fullers Field playing the Special Olympics opening ceremonies dance!

Check out Mom and Dad's dance lesson moves! Also, off to the right, you can see Danny dancing with one of the athletes. She was in heaven!



Here's a friend we made:

99 Red Balloons:


Even more balloons:





And the end of the song...Danny is dancing with his little friend again!



I didn't get it on video, but I put some pictures on FaceBook of when the band let some athletes take the instruments to perform Jordan's Jingle. It was so cute. They just loved being the center of attention!

A little bit of "Keep Swingin'"

"Take On Me"

More "Take On Me"

And the end of the song...with a big finish:

Signing autographs:

But in the end, the band rocked so hard that Little Jeremy lost his head in a tragic falling incident. Superglue, anyone?

The guys from Wasatch Sound were kind enough to reset the mike to give this athlete a chance to shine:

4 comments:

Schatz said...

so cool!!!

Jill said...

I loved all the video you took. I am laughing about little JJ!!!! So sad!!! Can he be saved?

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Looks like a fun show! I was bummed I had to miss it!

njepperson said...

Wow! What a night that was! So fun! A heart-warming experience!