Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Been Four Years!

Yesterday was our fourth wedding anniversary! We decided to keep things at home this year, since we'd already taken a trip last month. Al's friend, Jake, had done a spa day with his fiance not too long ago and when Al told me about it, I suggested we do that for our anniversary. (I tried to get him to a spa in San Francisco for our second, but he wouldn't even consider it.) I was surprised (and thrilled) when he said, "ok."

He booked us an appointment for Muddy Buddies at the New Image Day Spa. Check out the page. The pictures make me laugh because they're so cheesy! (We did not, in fact, have roses in the steam bath with us...)

https://www.newimagespa.com/index.asp#Retreats

Mom, Jill, Ashley, and Ashley, on that page, you should click over to #4, the Sorellanza Retreat. Any takers?

The spa was fabulous. I'm still all soft and smooth from the experience. I also got the added bonus of finding a good sore muscle rub. Every different version of Icy Hot that I've tried is waxy or greasy. The massage therapist could tell my back and shoulders were tight (thank you, Pump FX class at Lady Fitness) and she used this Capsicum Hot Rub on me. The stuff is aloe-based so it just soaks right on in and gives you soft skin in the bargain. Yes, I bought some, along with the chocolate peppermint body polish we used in the steam bath.

On our way home, Kenzie called me and wanted to read Inkspell, so when we got back, I spent some time reading with her and Al messed around on the computer. He's all about audiobooks right now because he likes to listen to them while he's working out or doing yard work. He's probably put about 70 cds on Itunes over the past week or two.

That night we went to dinner at the Prairie Schooner. It was definitely a splurge, but it was really great! I'd never heard of the place until Al's mom went there for a drug presentation (she's a nurse and drug companies put on these nice wine-and-dines to promote their new products). Then, all of a suddden, a bunch of people started coming out of the woodwork telling us how great it was.

http://www.prairieschoonerrestaurant.com/

It ended up being delicious! We'll definitely go back, maybe at lunch sometime to try their sandwiches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

side note---have you tried TigerBalm for the sore muscles? It is awesome! (You can find it at most GNCs.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations! I hope to have a SLC overnight one of these years so we can get together, have a few drinks and catch up. take care, shannon

Jill said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary. A spa day I love the sound of that. Jer got me a spa day certificate for my birthday, and I haven't used it yet. I need to pamper myself soon. Joy told me about Prairie Schooner about 2 years ago, she loved it. Maybe we should try that out when we are there in Dec. Thanks for reading with Kenz, she was so excited to finally be reading with you again.